A little bit more about Honeytree in Bristol
Honey Tree Bristol is located on Filton Road next to the Orchard School. We have just undergone an extensive refurbishment to build what we believe is one of the best nurseries in Bristol, with brand new rooms, all natural resources and an outdoor area designed to light up the fervent imaginations of our children!
We believe strongly that every child is unique and develops at their own rate. We therefore ensure that all children have individual learning opportunities that allow them to explore and grow into confident children.
Please do get in touch- we’d be delighted to show you around!
- Fresh and nutritious homemade meals
- A home from home environment fostering a warm sense of belonging
- Encouragement and independence in all areas of learning and development
- Support for transitions to school
- Excellent partnerships with parents
- Highly qualified, enthusiastic and caring staff
- Engaging outdoor learning environments
- An enthusiastic holiday club for children school age
- Free Early Years Education Entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds (15 or 30 hours depending on eligibility)
- Free Early years Education Entitlement for 2 year olds (subject to eligibility)
Our nursery is split into 4 rooms, with each room devoted to caring for a specific age range. We’ve designed our nursery so that children move between rooms when they are ready, not based on when their birthday is.
Here at Honeytree Day Nursery Bristol our days are not rigidly structured but all rooms try to keep to a routine which the children can recognise and anticipate. A familiar routine helps to ensure that your child is happy and secure.
Babies – Sunshine room
Our Baby room caters for children from 6 weeks to 2 years old. The baby room is light and spacious, allowing babies and young toddlers to use their 5 senses to explore the world around them. Staff ensure all babies receive individual attention and reassurance, making them to feel safe and secure.
Children are encouraged to develop their independence by learning to feed themselves and wash their faces after meal. We endeavour to follow your baby’s individual routine to make their transition from home to nursery as smooth as possible.
We have an adjoining cot room, for children to sleep peacefully throughout their busy day!
Toddlers – Little bees
Our Little Bees room caters for children aged 2-3 years. The room is a natural cosy space with sectioned areas allowing children to explore and develop within all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage, as well as taking some well-earned time to relax.
At this age children start to really make sense of the world around them. We encourage children to be creative, exploratory learners and independent little people. Children access resources independently, allowing them to make their own choices alongside adult-led learning.
At sleep time, children are taken to a small section of the room to wind down after a busy morning of playing and learning giving them time to rest before their exciting afternoon.
Preschool – Busy Bees
Our Busy Bees room caters for children ages 3-5 years. The preschool rooms are large, bright and open plan filled with resources that allow children to develop within the 7 areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
We believe children should be appropriately challenged to support them in their transition to school. Children are introduced to letters and sounds, problem solving and team work activities.
Preschool is more structured, allowing children to become aware of routines, instructions and to improve attention and listening. Our ‘Rising Stars’ program is designed to help prepare your child for the next big step up to primary school!
Breakfast Club, After School Club & Holiday Club
We have a Breakfast and After School Club which caters for children from Filton Avenue Primary School (Orchard Campus).
Honey Tree Bristol is open all year around from 7:30am-6.00pm. We are closed on bank holidays and for a week between Christmas and New Year.
- For families receiving 15 hours funding we can offer 8.45am – 11.45am or 12.15pm – 3.15 pm sessions. These funding sessions are term time only.
- For families receiving 30 hours funding, we offer 8-6 sessions. The 30 hours funding is an all year-round place.
- Holiday club session are from 8am – 6pm, 8am to 1pm or 1pm to 6pm.
- Breakfast Club is from 8-8.45
- After School Club is from 3.15-6